Author Topic: stuck kundalini energy  (Read 2176 times)

Manipura

• http://www.meghitchcock.com
stuck kundalini energy
« on: May 23, 2007, 03:02:15 AM »
Has anyone had the experience of kundalini energy manifesting in one place in the body for an extended period of time?  I've been experiencing a lot of energy on the soles of my feet for what seems like forever, but it's probably been about a year.  It doesn't bother me most of the time - in fact I like it, but given the choice I'd prefer to feel ecstasy elsewhere in my body.  I want the energy to move, but it now has a 'stuck' quality, and I'm not sure how to handle it, or if I should just let it do its thing without trying to interfere.  

An aside that may be relevant:  when I overdo my practices, the soles of my feet are the first place it shows up, as a burning sensation, sometimes pretty intense.

Any insights or references much appreciated.

Kyman

stuck kundalini energy
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 05:42:46 AM »
Interesting, has the sensation correlated with any other experiences?  Do you feel more grounded or does the sensation seem to just be there.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:39:48 AM by Kyman »

Jim and His Karma

stuck kundalini energy
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 08:33:09 AM »
Meg, it's not stuck, it's just an area that gets buzzy. the chinese call that spot the "babbling brook" or something like that. The age-old advice is walk, to ground that energy.

weaver

stuck kundalini energy
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 09:52:49 AM »
Hi Meg,

I experience my energy very similar to yours, except it's in the head instead, and has been for about a year as well. It seems like there is a percentage-wise distribution of about 70% in the head, 10% in the spine and 20% in the root. This is during daytime. When I first wake up in the morning it seems like about 50/50 in the head versus the rest of the body, but then gradually through the day it starts to distribute like the first figures. Most days it's fairly manageable, but if I get more than usual energy in the system, then the head feels like burning from the inside.

Jim and His Karma

stuck kundalini energy
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 10:00:18 AM »
Weaver, try this:

stand with feet separated, knees comfortably bent into a half crouch, pressing your feet firmly and evenly into the floor (advanced move: press down with the point in the lateral center of your foot, between the balls of your big and little toes, down right at the point where the arch starts to form). Keep your back more or less straight but tilt it forward, as if you were ready to pounce. Go for a low, stable, center of gravity, like it would be hard for someone to knock you over. But relax.

Bend elbows 90 degrees and extend forearms directly in front of you, parallel to each other and with palms facing, at navel level. Keep shoulders relaxed. Visualize a ball between your hands. Concentrate on that ball, and fill it with energy.

Manipura

stuck kundalini energy
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 10:26:03 AM »
Weaver - I used to have a lot of energy in my head!  Heart, too.  I wish it would go back there - right now I'm at about 90% feet and 10% base of spine.  I keep thinking that if I could redirect all the energy that's happening down at my feet, my chakras would be open and abuzz.

Kyman - now that you mention it, I suppose I have been rather grounded, or 'solid'.  
Jim - I saw your post a few wks. ago on 'bubbling spring', which was interesting.  I've been thinking about acupuncture on the soles, but don't want to play with it too much, as I'm prone to overdoing right now.

weaver

stuck kundalini energy
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 10:27:36 AM »
Thank you Jim.

You wrote this before and I have tried it. But I will try it again. The thing that seems to happen is that if I try to concentrate on anything, the concentration of energy seems to increase wherever it already is, which is in the head, and it gets too painful. What I'm trying is a light putting the attention in the heart area in different situations in daily activity, where there is no energy, and see if it over time can shift. I'm also trying 4-5 spinal breaths in the evening for the past few days and there is slight indication that it may help.

weaver

stuck kundalini energy
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 10:30:34 AM »
Weaver - I used to have a lot of energy in my head!

Meg, is there anything you can remember in your case that may have been a major factor in your energy moving away from the head?

Jim and His Karma

stuck kundalini energy
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 11:43:01 AM »
Meg,  accupuncture, like most healing techniques, is about unblocking energy. very few people feel the need for LESS energy, so there are very few healing modalities to achieve it. If you needed very badly to relieve an energy overload, that'd be something to grapple with. if you don't, I'm not sure why you'd go looking for problems! Again, walking is the classic advice (I mean, for millennia) for people with buzzy feet. It grounds the energy. Several miles per day. Have you tried it? In any case, it's a totally normal thing and won't hurt you.

Weaver, I've written extensively on feeling of trapped energy in the head. The ball's my best tip, but there are others. See my replies to icedearth. And re: the ball, don't  rev up your mind, just fill the ball with attention and energy. It's about the ball, not about being about the ball.

kadak

stuck kundalini energy
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 03:57:15 PM »
Hi meg,
There are channels going from the navel chakra (in the spine, 4 fingers below the navel)) to the feet. And there is a trulkor (trulkor is tibetan hatha yoga), where one is supposed to lead energy from navel chakra into the feet. It is said that in the feet, there is a powerful wind going upwards, which should lead the energy back to the navel chakra, with the added quality of this wind.
I'm not sure about the wind, but I'm sure about the channels going from navel chakra to the feet. So if you concentrate on the navel chakra, you should feel it, and maybe find the way up.

For people being too hot, if you search in your system, you should find a cold wind (there are 5 winds in the body). If you concentrate on it and learn to trigger it, you can refresh yourself. I suspect that indian yogis are able to meditate close to 4 fires with the sun above because of this wind and possibly other things. But this wind is important (I guess it is the wind of the water element, because is it said that one can resist fire if he controls the water element). I'm just working on it because I feel that this summer will be hot.[:p]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 04:24:16 PM by kadak »

Wolfgang

• http://www.odysseyofthesoul.de
stuck kundalini energy
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 07:59:02 PM »
Hi meg,

if you want to consciously move energy, you might want to try
the "spiral sweep meditation". There is a free audio with nice music at
http://www.emfbalancingtechnique.com/media/audio_spiral_sweep.php?phpLang=en
or just the plain words at
http://www.emfbalancingtechnique.com/reading/spiral_sweep.php?phpLang=en

regards
Wolfgang

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
stuck kundalini energy
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 11:07:40 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by weaver

What I'm trying is a light putting the attention in the heart area in different situations in daily activity, where there is no energy, and see if it over time can shift. I'm also trying 4-5 spinal breaths in the evening for the past few days and there is slight indication that it may help.

Weaver, have to tried the Heart breathing?

weaver

stuck kundalini energy
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 12:21:58 AM »
Thank you Shanti for this suggestion. I haven't tried Heart breathing this far and I may try it as well.

Manipura

stuck kundalini energy
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 08:32:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by weaver

Weaver - I used to have a lot of energy in my head!

Meg, is there anything you can remember in your case that may have been a major factor in your energy moving away from the head?

If I remember correctly, when the energy was in my head and feeling really good, my life was going along predictably and smoothly without much external distraction.  But then I made some dramatic changes in my life, which was accompanied by truckloads of stress, and I think it was about that time that my feet started to heat up and 'energize'.  I have no idea whether the 2 events are related, but this is the only factor that comes to mind.

weaver

stuck kundalini energy
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 08:44:43 AM »
Hi Meg,

Thank you for this explanation. It seems like stress can cause energy to become unbalanced. So, even though you had a lot in the head when your life was smooth, you found it feeling good, and then with more stress it feels less balanced when it moved to the feet.

Hopefully more inner silence can balance the energy! [:)]