Author Topic: Passing out  (Read 644 times)

Sam12

Passing out
« on: February 11, 2009, 04:22:58 AM »
Hello everyone,
I have been lurking this site and forum for a couple of months and have been learning a lot and have been doing some of the practices.  I am 21 and feel like I have been doing practices my whole life.  I have been meditating in a more formal way when I was about 18.  I have been having panic attacks since I was 12 but rarely have them now.
I passed out last night.  This is the third time this has happened.  Last night I was hanging out with a group of my friends and we were going to go into a sauna.  I stand up to get a glass of water and as I am walking to the kitchen my sight starts to fade away into blackness with stars,colors and fractals going on.  I have no choice but to end up on the ground and lay there since I am unable to stand or see.  It is really embarrassing when it happens and I am aware and conscious when it happens.  It took me about five minutes to be able to walk around.  I didn't go into the sauna because I didn't think it was a good idea, so I sat around by myself while everyone was in the sauna until I felt I was able to drive home.  
The day before I had lectures to go to and they are all boring and stuff that I already know and it didn't matter if I listened so I spent almost the whole day observing my breath and changing how I breathed. With one of my professors I noticed an outline around his body about four inches wide. It was basically in the form of light.  Later that day I began concentrating on a strain that I feel like I have with my breathing.  I felt a strain in my upper back and it was like the air wasn't settling in my head and took a lot to get there.  A lot of it was felt in the back of my head.  Also I feel something in the back of my eyes and that it always shifts around into uncomfortable positions.
The first time I passed out I was at work at a foundry.  I began to feel an energy build up and it seemed like I was leaving my body.  I walk out of a before shift meeting and start walking to the bathroom to splash water on my face and I didn't make it there and fell and hit my head on the way down.  They had me see the nurse and she took my blood pressure and she said that it was a little low but nothing of concern but she wanted me to go to the hospital anyways.  At the hospital they do a number of tests and a cat scan and there was nothing. I don't remember much from what I did before work but I remember noting to myself that I felt different.
The second time I passed out I was playing disc golf with my friends, this was last summer. I took some LSD since I was experimenting at that time and had good experiences with it.  Before the LSD kicked in I passed out.
There are a lot of different factors in all three of these times.  And the doctors observed nothing wrong.  Also I forgot to mention that I am very sweaty after this happens.  
I want to hear what you guys have to say and I feel like this has to be energy or something since I feel that I am very prone to picking up and feeling energy.  Feel free to ask questions, I know there could be a lot of them, but I didn't want to write my life story.
Thank you,
Sam

Sam12

Passing out
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 04:42:39 AM »
A couple more things that have been going on this week.  A couple days ago in my sleep I had contractions of my pelvic floor muscles like I was having at orgasm and it was pulling and pushing pretty intensely.  I did not ejaculate and I wasn't erect.  After monday's lecture I couldn't stop smoking ciggeretts. And that is something I don't really do.  I was just allowing my body to do its thing.

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
Passing out
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 09:02:19 AM »
Hey Sam,

It COULD be vasovagal syncope.  Take a look at this: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vasovagal-syncope/DS00806

I'm not a doctor so I can't diagnose your condition, especially not on the internet.[:o)]  But it's good for your own consideration.

Kundalini can make little problems seem worse, and then some time later the body shifts and gradually you stop having those same problems.  Hopefully the shift happens sooner than later.

Pretty much the only thing you can do about it which isn't harmful is to make sure that you're staying hydrated throughout the day.  Also make sure you're not standing with your legs locked out...keep a little bend in them.

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
Passing out
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:05:59 PM »
Hi Sam12

Welcome to the forum. [:)]

Passing out can be a symptom of kundalini rising too fast in the body. Some of the other symptoms you describe relate to kundalini also, the feeling of a build-up of energy in the body before fainting, and the movements at your pereneum during sleep.

Are you conscious of movements of energy in your body at other times? If so what are they?

If your experiences are kundalini related then you should be able to stabalize the situation using a combination of self-pacing and grounding techniques.

Christi

Sam12

Passing out
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 04:06:07 AM »
Hi Christi,
I am not sure how energy exactly feels like but at that time I had noticed that it was all focused in the skull and around the scalp.  It would happen during the day.  Only when I would wake up in the morning for the first five minutes my mind would be silent and I felt peaceful.  

I have been doing a lot of grounding and cut way back on practices and it helps.

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
Passing out
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 04:19:55 PM »
Hi Sam12

Glad to hear things are working out. Grounding and self-pacing are really the two key things to working with kundalini.

Christi