Author Topic: Please help-- Too much heat in both of the palms  (Read 803 times)

SeekingShiva

Please help-- Too much heat in both of the palms
« on: August 27, 2009, 02:59:40 AM »
This is happening to me in last few days where every night my palm of my hands will just have too much heat.

My feet are also really hot but palms are so hot that I cannot even sleep.

I touched my wife and she was also so charged up that she could not sleep.

I have been trying all the methods of removing the heat like mixing ghee with milk and sugar. I also went for walk bare foot on grass but nothing is helping. It is just that around 9 PM I feel like my hands will be on fire again...

The problem is all my body remains in normal temperature during this time. I am really sleeping in kind of freezer environment so when I wake up my whole body kind of aches.

I know as we progress the body temperature rises but not sure this is part of the process.

Any remedies..

Konchok Ösel Dorje

• http://www.vajrayoga.org
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 03:19:07 AM »
Just relax, the natural purification is going on.

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 04:30:16 AM »
Lesson 69 - Q&A – Kundalini symptoms, imbalances, and remedies
http://www.aypsite.com/plus/69.html

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 09:09:00 AM »
Hi SeekingShiva,
Yes, this is a normal part of the process (purification and opening) and if it is not causing you too much discomfort, let the purification happen, if it makes you very uncomfortable tho (which maybe the case here), you may want to consider self pacing and grounding (which you are doing with the walking, but maybe you need a bit more vigorous exercise routine, aerobics, digging in a garden, cleaning bathrooms).

You can read this FAQ Energy - Excess Kundalini Symptoms?, it has links to other topics and lessons that may help.

What time do you do your second practice? What time do you eat dinner? Try to do these a bit earlier. Try having some buttermilk in the evening. If nothing helps, for a few days sleep with a icepack handy. I do that for excess heat in my feet. This is generally a phase and does pass quickly if we don't give it too much attention.

And go for walks like you are. Grounding is very important.

Good things are happening, even if they don't feel too pleasant right now.[:)]

SeekingShiva

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 05:50:31 AM »
Many thanks to everybody who responded.

Last night I slept like a charm(without over heating). I did not do any of my practices and did feel like betraying my soul of depriving the regular or real life but I thought it was necessary.

I also was listening to old Hindi crappy songs after a very long time and ate lots and lots of ghee. Also I took Valerian root + hops + 5 http which put me to sleep good.

So here I am all charged up again and ready for practices.

Once again thanks to you guys. I have found that AYP is the only place where all the link minded people come to help each other.

PS. While typing this, my feet is all heated up.. so even typing on AYP forums my energy is opening up strange.

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 06:16:18 AM »
Namaste SeekingShiva[:)]

quote:
Originally posted by SeekingShiva

Last night I slept like a charm(without over heating).

Great!  Things always look a little clearer after a good nights sleep.

quote:

I did not do any of my practices and did feel like betraying my soul of depriving the regular or real life but I thought it was necessary.

It is important not to beat yourself up for pacing yourself....pacing can be considered a "practice" in and of itself...expecially when it causes you to suffer.  Inquire into that suffering.

quote:

I also was listening to old Hindi crappy songs after a very long time and ate lots and lots of ghee. Also I took Valerian root + hops + 5 http which put me to sleep good.

IMO it is better to take natural supplements as opposed to pharmaceuticals, but due to my personal background with drugs in general I just wanted to put a caution in about combining these particular herbs.  In the wrong dosages with these 3 supplements (and you could include melatonin supplements in here as well) could push you into "Seratonin Syndrome" which is not very pleasant....I know this from experience[B)][;)].

Quote: Further study has determined that overstimulation of primarily the 5-HT2A receptors appears to contribute substantially to the condition
Taken from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin_syndrome

And combining just about ANY herb with 5-HTP supplements can cause the overstimulation of the 5-HT2A receptors as most herbs stimulate these receptors at least minimally.  This could even be a possible cause for your hot extremities.

quote:

So here I am all charged up again and ready for practices.

Bhakti galore I see[;)][:D]

quote:

Once again thanks to you guys. I have found that AYP is the only place where all the link minded people come to help each other.

A beautiful place of communion I agree[:)]

quote:

PS. While typing this, my feet is all heated up.. so even typing on AYP forums my energy is opening up strange.

I have had to pace myself from the forums before due to migraines and I have been dealing with problems with "sweating palms" (the sweat smells like flowers) for almost a whole year now.  I mostly have this during the day though, which is when I am on the forum, so who knows, perhaps we are going through similar purification?  Who knows?  Good luck and pace yourself!

Love,
Carson[^]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:26:37 AM by CarsonZi »

SeekingShiva

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 06:44:37 AM »
Carson,

My dear Canadian friend. Many thanks for your advice.

I will never mix again the 5HTTP with other herbs. I just heard somebody saying that it will put to sleep so I tried it.

Every time I put anything in my body I do get self reminder which tells me that hope you do not over do and get used to it.

But being a programmer and the work load you are handed over in this economy makes you run faster and faster and if you going through this kundalini symptoms and have not slept it really makes life more difficult.

Heading over to Canada for a week long vacation and hope to be grounded fully :)

Carson: your post on tantra and how you were able to do automatic block is really interesting. After how many months did you get to this point? I think this is the last thing on my plate which is hard to accomplish, rest I think is auto pilot as long as we do are practices.

I hate to loose the vital fluids but on the other end my human mind still does not have control on that aspect.

Namastey and hope you have lots and lots of bliss

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 07:01:48 AM »
Hello SeekingShiva[:)]

quote:

I will never mix again the 5HTTP with other herbs. I just heard somebody saying that it will put to sleep so I tried it.

My suggestion is to just leave the 5-HTP alone.  It alone will easily push you into Seratonin Syndrome....using the other herbs, even in combination isn't dangerous at all (that I know of).  Use Valerian Root (V.R. extract even) and perhaps a few milligrams of Melatonin if you must, but 5-HTP supplements are a potential safety hazard IME.

quote:

Every time I put anything in my body I do get self reminder which tells me that hope you do not over do and get used to it.

Wish I had had that self reminder back when I was "using"[;)]  Could have saved me from going through a lot!  (On second thought, not sorry I went through it all, but if you can save yourself some suffering, why not?)

quote:

But being a programmer and the work load you are handed over in this economy makes you run faster and faster and if you going through this kundalini symptoms and have not slept it really makes life more difficult.

Pace yourself my friend!  Overdoing things will only lead to a longer more ardous journey...take it easy and enjoy life!  If you aren't enjoying yourself right Now, then when can you honestly expect to enjoy yourself?

quote:

Heading over to Canada for a week long vacation and hope to be grounded fully :)

Safe travels and if you are ever in the central Alberta area please let me know!  Would love to meet and meditate!

quote:

Carson: your post on tantra and how you were able to do automatic block is really interesting. After how many months did you get to this point? I think this is the last thing on my plate which is hard to accomplish, rest I think is auto pilot as long as we do are practices.

I used manual blocking (and still do occasionally) right from the time I started AYP in June of 08.  But it kinda came naturally.  I have always had very strong pelvic floor muscles.  When I was like 3 years old, my Dad and I would pee in the toilet together....he once asked me to try and stop peeing whilst midstream...it was simple and I actually just plain stopped peeing all together.  Didn't restart.  My dad was floored.  It's always been pretty natural for me to block.  When I first read the AYP Tantra lessons I tried blocking for the first time and it was a complete success.  I had never even heard of trying to save "jing" before coming to AYP...it was a completely foreign concept.  But it was a natural progression for me.  Within a few months of manual blocking I was able to block automatically the "smaller" orgasms, the ones that just barely slip by.  This ability has slowly increased to where I can automatically block slightly larger orgasms now, but I still have to manually block the big ones....the ones that take several hours to build up to.  It's a progression SS....it all happens as it should when it should...no need to force it, and no need to over emphasize one practice over another.....do your meditation, and SBP and let the chips fall where they may.

Have a great time on your vacation!  Lots of love!

Love,
Carson[^]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:37:31 AM by CarsonZi »