Author Topic: Self pacing and symptoms  (Read 515 times)

solo

Self pacing and symptoms
« on: February 09, 2009, 12:02:52 AM »
I understand that everyone must go at their pace.  Just curious to know what level of symnptoms people consider normal, healthy or at least not harmful.  Why?

Because I almost always have a bit of sensation in my head around the forehead and brow going all the way around.  Call it slight numbness, call it mild tingling, call it simply an awareness of that area that wasn't there before the awakening.  It's something that I am  accustomed to that doesn't bother me.  Sometimes it actually kind of feels good.  My understanding is that my nervous systm is just getting acclimated to the higher level of energy, possibly doing some rewiring to accomodate the energy.  

Would you consider this  pretty typical or a sign to scale back?  If I drop out the dynamic chin pump, the sensation is much less, sometimes even imperceptible.

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Self pacing and symptoms
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 12:51:54 AM »
If your symptoms are making you uncomfortable, during your practice and/or inbetween practice, then self pace.
If your awareness of your third eye is distracting or the numbness is alarming you or making you uncomfortable.. self pace.
Here are a few threads that could help.

Tips on Managing Practices
Housecleaning?

Here is the lesson that covers self pacing:
Lesson 107 - Q&A – Self-pacing in postures and practices