Author Topic: Kundalini stories  (Read 825 times)

Magne

Kundalini stories
« on: October 10, 2007, 08:13:04 AM »
Namaste
I just wanted to add this link, as a reminder, self-pace[:)]
http://kundalini.se/eng/engkni.html
-Magne

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
Kundalini stories
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:55:16 PM »
Hi Magne,

Thanks for the link. I just wanted to add a warning:

Sites like this are produced with little understanding of what kundalini is, and the role that kundalini plays in the spiritual evolution of human consciousness. If you study the site carefully, it makes out that kundalini is essentially a bad thing that is an unfortunate by-product of misguided meditation techniques and eastern religious practices. Such a view gives a very misguided interpretation of what kundalini is about, and leaves the impression that kundalini energy is something to be avoided. Actually the awakening of kundalini is something that must happen in the journey of every spiritual person at some point, and in some fashion, from whatever background they come. No kundalini... no enlightenment.
People who author sites like this are doing a good job in that they are helping people who are undergoing a premature kundalini experience, and possibly suffering as a consequence. But they are giving essentially very misleading advice that will not help those people move forward spiritually once the fire calms down.

Christi

lorf

Kundalini stories
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 04:29:56 AM »
Several years ago I used to keep an eye on the woman running the site. Her bottom line at that time was that meditation is bad, yoga is bad, and that people should stay away from spiritual practices. Probably because she had a terrible experience herself and is scared. Now her message is modified and more mild but it has not changed so much but I still believe there are a lot of people who terminated their spiritual journey for the wrong reasons because of her.
/lorf

Magne

Kundalini stories
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 08:38:03 AM »
Hi
Yes, I probably should have written that warning also, but I took for granted that most people here who are really serious about their spiritual evolution knows that already[:)]
I posted that link because of the stories, not to warn against raising the Kundalini of course, that must be done, like you wrote..
As I wrote also, self-pacing, not trying to frighten people away from their path[8)]