Author Topic: Laying on hands  (Read 3071 times)

david_obsidian

Laying on hands
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »
Pretty funny Alan!  [:D]

Lu 8:46
And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.

At the same time,  it could have happened.... you know, when Jesus said that the "virtue" is gone out of him,  maybe he meant it! [:D]

VIL

Laying on hands
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2006, 10:56:06 AM »
quote:
Yogani: It is always the recipient who will initiate and allow the exchange.  

Tell that to Lazarus:  [:D]  

[LOL, I thought you would get a kick out of that, Yogani, LOL].  

Maybe we were kindred spirits in another lifetime, if I believed that were possible, since I was going to post the same quotes, nearly verbatim.  Although, I would like to add/summize that Christ's healing was done for the whole and not the individual, which would be in accordance with Universal Law/Onement.

VIL

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
Laying on hands
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2006, 12:29:05 AM »
Very funny guys[8D]
Trying to bring the discussion back to a more serious note...
I would still like to know what people really think about this- the giving healing and charging money thing?
I am one of those people who gives healing for free, but I am always broke and worried about how to support my family.  
quote:
Alan wrote:
In my opinion anything from God doesn't carry a price tag. If someone has the ability to heal how can it be held back for lack or want of money? What's up with that? Anyone can straighten me out here if I'm missing som'n.

Doesn't everything come from God? Does prana come from God more than anything else? And how does remote Samyama work? It must be working through the akasha... but what is the medium of transmission if not prana (i.e. what carries the energy)?

Love and light

Christi

Mike

• http://www.ttem.org
Laying on hands
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2006, 01:18:09 AM »
Well Christi did you see my comments:

quote:
Originally posted by Mike

Alan - some good Qs... Well most Reiki schools charge for training/attunement (its just one in particular that charges very large sums (but that is unsurprisingly going backwards)). This seems fair to me after all I got a manual, some CDs, and a lot of my teachers time - why should she do that for free? Also some people (my teacher being an example) make their living from doing Reiki healings (and in her case teaching Yoga too). As a result of her teachings/healings/seminars a lot of people are happier and healthier and - as she has no other source of income - I no more expect her to do it 'for free' than I expect a doctor or a surgeon to treat me for free. The same applies to my Qigong Master who both teaches and heals as a profession. So personally I see no paradox (but I may be blind to it [:D]).

and David's?

quote:
Originally posted by David_Obsidian

I don't have any issue with someone charging a reasonable fee for any of their time. If the fee is unreasonable, I'd hope the market would take care of that... but if they are misrepresenting the scope of their powers, and using that to successfully charge excessive fees, then they are being deceptive.

Put it another way: if you have a healing gift, are you doomed to be poor, and unable to provide for a family, if you spend a lot of time using it?

Or were you just after more opinions?

[:)]

Mike

Christi

Laying on hands
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2006, 07:56:14 AM »
Hi Mike,
Sorry, I didn't phrase my question very well. Yes I saw these postings.. and they cover the issue very well. I was not looking for more opinions on this.
It was this question that I was interested in seeing if anyone could throw any light on:

quote:
suposing you had reason to believe that Jesus was a fully enlightened being, and evidence was found that he really did perform miraculous healings, making blind people see and curing leppers, if you then heard that he was charging money for these healings, would you not be a little surprised?

Does anyone else feel that it would have been surprising for Jesus to have decided to charge money for his healings? If it is just a matter of opinion, then why would one decision (for Jesus to charge for healing the sick) be surprising, whilst the other decision (for Jesus to heal the sick for free) be unsurprising?

Balance

• http://noplanezen.blogspot.com/
Laying on hands
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2006, 09:02:51 AM »

Hi

I think Jesus might tell us that the act of the healing is complete unto itself. Nothing more need be added or exchanged to complete it. If food, shelter, clothing were needed then it would be provided. Jesus didn't heal to get these things.

Wolfgang

• http://www.odysseyofthesoul.de
Laying on hands
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2006, 11:57:43 PM »
Hi Christi,

the point is, you are not Jesus.
We can argue that Jesus should not charge for healing,
or we can argue that Jesus has a right to charge whatever he wants.
The point is: what is your situation ?
Would it be ok for YOU to charge something ?
Your wish and desire is to heal for free,
yet you would be grateful for a financial exchange.
Why don't you tell the people you healed, that you
would be grateful for a donation ?

L&L
Wolfgang

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Laying on hands
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2006, 12:19:36 AM »
Good answer Wolfgang.

Christi that is almost exactly what I was going to tell you. Listen to your heart hon. Jesus did not have to worry about a lot of things that you and I have to worry about.. he was at a different level than us. When you reach that level[:p].. you don't have to ask for money either. But now, I don't think there is anything wrong with asking for money.. as long as you don't get greedy (which is what happens to many). My father did reiki for free for years.. but after he retired he needed some extra help.. so now he asks for a nominal fee .. and if there is someone who cannot pay it.. he wont take the money.. It has to be your decision.. do what you think is right in your heart.. don't worry about what others think.. [:)]
Then again.. don't listen to me either.. he he.. just listen to your heart...

Balance

• http://noplanezen.blogspot.com/
Laying on hands
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2006, 02:13:45 AM »

Hey Christi[:)]ditto from here. I was just investigating what I think about Jesus. Follow your heart. If you have a knack for channeling healing energy, and you need to make an exchange for your time so as to make a living, I too see nothing wrong there.

Yours in Light, Alan

Christi

Laying on hands
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2006, 05:13:54 AM »
Thanks for all the great advice everyone.
You are right Wolfgang... I am not Jesus. I was just reffering to him because these days we are kind of short on rolemodels!
I will listen to my heart as advised... and see what comes.

Love and Light.

Christi.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 09:26:33 AM by Christi »