Author Topic: What was that?  (Read 1217 times)

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
What was that?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 08:25:44 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

I always kinda expected that any kind of "opening" would be incredibly dramatic and maybe a little more condensed in time frame?  I guess I just figured it would happen all at once and would be something completely undeniable.  I think that the fact that it is slowly happening over a longer period of time makes it a little harder for me to discern the cumulative effects of my practices.  But after reading the sentences you highlighted out of my own posting and thinking about where I was at a year ago I think it is obvious what is happening.  Thank you for helping to point it out to me.  But where's the "magic bullet" already? Haha.

Been there.. done that..[:D]

It is a process... and when you can drop the image your mind created of what liberation is.. you are liberated. You are already enlightened, already liberated.. it's just that the mind does not know it yet. With meditation, self inquiry and other practices, as you let go the grip the mind has on you.. you will realize you were always right there.. just one thought away from freedom.  

quote:

1. a bit lazy and 2. always short on time, and 3. I guess I never really gave these practices much creedence.   I assume the practice is done in the morning upon awakening and in the evening just before bed?  

Love,
Carson[^]

P.S. Thanks for the info on where to get the rinse.....Calgary has a real lack of "yoga shops".....The most "yoga" it gets here are commercial stores like "LuLuLemon" and all they sell is clothing and mats. Arg, haha.

1. Most of us are there with you.
2. You need 2 mins to do neti.. so busy cannot be an excuse.[:p]
3. These practices are like that.. you don't give them importance till you need them.. then you get loads of hints from different sources to try it.. "Inner Guru" maybe??

When your sinuses are really blocked up.. you can do it more than twice, it helps clear out the sinuses.. and also, living in a cold place with the heat running dries up the sinuses.. and at times the congestion or pressure you feel is just from inflamed/irritated sinuses.. so doing neti with saline (salt water) moisturizes the sinuses and helps relieve the discomfort. Other times (when your sinuses are not blocked) doing it once or twice a day is enough I think.

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
What was that?
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 08:56:48 AM »
Hi Shanti,

...drop......drop.......drop.....................drop.....

The sounds of the mind's grip falling away[;)]  Freedom here I come!

On point #2 of the jala neti.....I often literally don't have two minutes to do neti practices.  But I will make a point to find as much time as I can to dedicate to it, as I am tired of getting these fits of congestion so often.  And yeah, my house is REALLY hot most of the time, and it is REALLY cold outside all the time now, so.....dry it is.  No doubt about that.  And I do find that the congestion is worse at home then anywhere else so I'm sure this has at least something to do with it.  And it is appropriate to use simple saline solution to rinse with?  If so, I already have a whole case of unopened saline injection bottles left over from earlier in life, so.....must be meant to be[:D].  Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions Shanti, maybe I should just call YOU my "inner guru"!  Just joking[;)]  Thanks again.

Love,
Carson[^]

P.S. How does one do JN when the nose is so plugged that no water can be sniffed or gravitationally drawn into the sinuses or am I just projecting that this is impossible?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 09:03:09 AM by CarsonZi »

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
What was that?
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 10:08:13 AM »
quote:

And it is appropriate to use simple saline solution to rinse with?  

P.S. How does one do JN when the nose is so plugged that no water can be sniffed or gravitationally drawn into the sinuses or am I just projecting that this is impossible?

Yes saline is good. That is what you are trying to make with the water and salt solution. So you can use what you have. But when you buy the NeilMed neti pot, it will come with 50 or 100 packets of salt anyway.

And about when you are really stuffed up.. hmmm.. dunno.. I remember my colleague had that problem.. will ask her tomorrow how she resolved it. The best I remember, she said at first it seemed almost impossible, but the more she did it, the easier it got. She will not go a day without using the neti pot now. But if there was something she did that made it easier, I will find out tomorrow at work and let you know.[:)]