Author Topic: Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)  (Read 798 times)

hemanthks

Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
« on: October 12, 2010, 09:52:54 AM »
Namaste:

I suffer from RLS from time to time. I don't know what causes in my body to trigger it. Once triggered, the body pain (notably legs and arms) is there for atleast 3-4 days. Then it's gone with out any medications (I just do some stretching exercises) only to come later (may be after couple of months). I can't sleep properly on these days, the pain is excruciating specially in early mornings (have to get up at 3 or 4 am).

Currently, I walk daily. Do some light exercises (weekly twice). I will be glad to know if any specific aasnas are good for this? I know RLS has been classified as movement disorder. Movement is related to 2nd Chakra. Does balancing the second chakra, helps in RLS ? I am trying to get into the root cause of this problem. In terms of blocks / issues what does RLS suggest ?

hemanthks

Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 05:13:37 AM »
Namaste:

My RLS has not subsided till now. This is unusual in my case. I have not taken any treatment yet. Thought exercises will make it go away (it did before). Now, I was searching on the net for more info on RLS, this is what I found:

"but intuitively, i sense that EVERY case of RLS is a manifestation of the Kundalini awakening process. use discernment to see if this resonates for/with you, and i honor & respect whatever position you choose regarding the issue."

http://hcwilliams.wordpress.com/out-of-my-mind/kundalini-restless-leg-syndrome/

The above link lead to the following by El Collie who writes about common manifestations of the risen Kundalini. I have just given the symtomps that I am currently experiencing, from the list mentioned in this website (http://www.elcollie.com/html/Issue5a.html)

- Muscle twitches, cramps or spasms.

- Digestive system problems

- Three days back had intense coughing (after which I felt, I would have coughed blood if continued)

- Ringing in the ears (comes and goes)

- Headaches, pressure/heaviness in the chest

If these are all K sympotomps, then I am not really happy about it. I didn't expect it to happen so soon.

I will start taking supplements from today (Ca and Mg), heard they do good for RLS. I am already taking Ayurveda tablets for my digestive problem (when I take tablets I feel relief, only to come back again). Total no - no to coffee/tea from now on until the symptoms goes away.

I am not experiencing anything else, like energy exp/mystic exp. I always thought K rise will involve all these things. Just looking for guidance from you all here. Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:31:17 AM by hemanthks »