Author Topic: what is the meaning of "mind of God"?  (Read 1282 times)

manigma

• http://www.facebook.com/manigma
what is the meaning of "mind of God"?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 04:07:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Godslave
I'm wondering, do any of you have ideas about what the "mind of God" is?

If God is an ocean then we are its tiny waves.

God's mind is the mind of the Ocean but each wave on it has its own mind too. [:)]

Now consider a small wave linking/merging its mind with the mind of the Ocean.

Can you do it?

Do you have the capacity (being a tiny wave) to control something that the Ocean controls?

Do you have the strength to hold such power? Can you look at someone as if God was looking through you? Can you live in this world as if it was not you, but God itself.

Kabir has written:

HERAT HERAT HEY SAKHI RAHYA KABIR HERAYI
BUNDA SAMANI SAMUNDA MEN SO KAT HERI JAYI.

"Oh friend! Seeking and searching, Kabir was gradually lost. The drop has fallen in the ocean, how can the drop be sought out?"

But Kabir afterwards changed the lines of the song, cancelling the previous ones, and said, "That was a mistake committed because of haste. The experience was new. I could not quite understand what had happened. Out of the old habit I saw things the wrong way around." Then he wrote the verse differently,

HERAT HERAT HEY SAKHI RAHYA KABIR HERAYI
SAMUNDA SAMANA BUNDA MEN SO KAT HERA JAYI.

"Oh friend, seeking and searching, Kabir was gradually lost. The ocean has fallen into the drop, how can the drop be sought out?

"The ocean has descended into the drop. Had it been the drop that had fallen into the ocean perhaps somehow I would have sought it out, but just the opposite has happened: it is the whole ocean that has fallen into the drop. Now even if I want to I would not know where to look for this drop. Now this drop cannot be found."

The mediums that have enabled us to know all that we have known in the world become useless in knowing what happens in the moment of samadhi. We ourselves become useless. Our very existence gets shattered. Some bigger existence, which has no limits, bursts forth on us -- suddenly. We die in the process.

Samadhi is the ultimate death, bigger than the physical death; because in the physical death only the body dies, the mind survives, whereas in samadhi the mind dies. For the first time our entire relationship with the mind breaks; for the first time all the connecting strings of the mind snap, making us separate. And our whole knowledge was of the mind.

Whosoever enters the door to samadhi is suddenly totally ignorant. There is no way there for knowing anything, no system for knowing anything, no means for knowing anything, just the pure knowing remains. It is very difficult to give any information after coming back.  Who is there to give information? Who is there to bring the news? But the information has been given.

The Soul's Thirst
http://balbro.com/heart/beat11.htm

[:D]