Author Topic: overwhelming symptoms forehead left side  (Read 2518 times)

Jim and His Karma

overwhelming symptoms forehead left side
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 02:08:50 AM »
Agreed, Scott, thanks.

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
overwhelming symptoms forehead left side
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 06:21:01 PM »
Hi Marie

quote:
Symptoms subsided but afterwards I developed a strong very uncomfortable weird feelings (almost like numbness but not quite so) exclusively in the the upper left quadrant (ULQ) of my face particularly near the temple and forehead region. There is also a strange feeling of the left eye lid, but my vision is not affected. the ULQ area started to burn so I decided to see my dermatologist who diagnosed shingles. I completed a 10 day dose of strong antiviral medication. The numbness/tingling sensation is still there however. It seems to get worse in the evening and also when I am approaching my home. Sometimes it comes on at strange places like the sea food area in a supermarket---a few days ago.

Well, you have recieved loads of really good advice already. I just wanted to mention one thing that hasn't been sudjested yet...
It sounds to me that what you are experiencing is the activation of the left frontal lobe and the ida nadi simultaniously. This would account for the symptoms you are experiencing... the numbness around the upper left area of the head, and the strange sensations around the left eye. If this is the case then it could be nothing to worry about, and in fact simply be an important part of the awakening process that everyone has to go through.

I agree with Jim that asymetrical symptoms can be an indication for concern, but in the case of the head, in my experience, a lot of the activation of the minor centers there happens in an asymetric fashion, evening itself out over the longer term.

I certainly wouldn't be going back to a doctor in a hurry if it were me.

Good luck

Christi