Author Topic: Int. AYP Teacher Training: France, April-May 2017  (Read 162 times)

AYPadmin

Int. AYP Teacher Training: France, April-May 2017
« on: April 09, 2019, 10:07:22 AM »
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2015 :  06:55:02 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hi Everyone,

For anyone who is interested in training to become a yoga teacher, we are planning to begin running AYP Teacher Training Courses (TTC's) in the near future. This is still in the planning stage at the moment, with the hope being to run the first course in the UK, or a country nearby, in the Spring of 2017.

The plan is to run the first Teacher Training as a one month residential course. This TTC will be run in retreat mode, which means there will be two AYP sessions in the morning and one in the afternoon each day. For part of the course we will go up to two sessions in the morning and two in the afternoon. Each session will include asana, Spinal Breathing Pranayama, Deep Meditation and samyama. As well as the practical sessions, training will be given on many aspects of AYP theory and practice and on various aspects of teaching AYP to others. The course will cover 215 hours of study and training in total (180 contact hours with teachers) leading to a professional yoga teacher qualification. The course will qualify people to teach asana, Spinal Breathing Pranayama and Deep Meditation.

With this being a full scope Teacher Training Course there will be minimum requirements in terms of experience of yoga practice for people attending the course. The minimum requirement being at least one year of regular AYP practice or similar full-scope yoga practice including meditation and pranayama. I will be teaching on the course along with Nina Forbes who is an experienced AYP teacher in the U.K. Several other AYP teachers have also offered to help teach, so we are expecting to have three or four teachers present.

At the moment Yogani is in the process of applying to register AYP with the Yoga Alliance as a Yoga Teacher Training School. The plan is to have AYP registered with one or more regulatory bodies and the Yoga Alliance will hopefully be one of them if the application is successful.

With AYP being an open resource, everyone is free to share their knowledge of AYP with others and to teach AYP. So this Teacher Training Course will not be a requirement for people who want to share their knowledge of AYP, as is happening in many parts of the world already in both classes and retreats, but will be for those who want to take part in a formal and structured teacher training and who want to become qualified as a yoga teacher.

At this stage we do not have any dates set, or a venue. So we are very much in the planning stages. But people have already started putting their names forward to take part, so if anyone wants to register an interest in attending the course, then PM me through my forum profile or through my contact form here.

Christi
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2015 :  10:40:04 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Mainstream...here we come!
Go to Top of Page
yogani
USA
5143 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2015 :  1:53:22 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit yogani's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi All:

AYP has just been approved by Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga School (RYS), which means our syllabus for registered yoga teacher training (RYT-200) has been accepted. So we are good to go for offering the first AYP registered teacher training course. Christi is in the lead on this and will provide additional details as we move forward.

Here is our official page on the Yoga Alliance website: https://www.yogaalliance.org/School...ile?sid=6787
Once we have the first teacher training course scheduled, it will show up there, along with other information we will be adding.

Many thanks to Christi/Tristan and assistants for setting this up, and now ready to move toward implementation.

Bravo and onward!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2015 :  6:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Superb. Well done, Tristan!
Go to Top of Page
jusmail
India
454 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2015 :  7:03:04 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Blessings!
Onward and outward...
Go to Top of Page
Dogboy
USA
1546 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2015 :  8:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Inward & upward!
Go to Top of Page
alecpeace
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  11:52:29 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
This is very exciting! AYP will blossom through this
Go to Top of Page
Apkallu
France
108 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2015 :  05:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hope it will be near Paris, France
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  02:21:19 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi everyone,

We have found a fantastic venue for the first AYP teacher training course. It is a meditation retreat centre in the Dordogne region of central France. The centre is called Le Moulin De Chaves and is a large house in the French countryside, by a river with 5 acres of land. They have a meditation hall which we will use for the practice and study sessions. They have their own vegetable gardens where a lot of the food for events is grown.

For anyone who does not know France, the Dordogne is one of the most beautiful regions in the country.

The dates are set for the 21st April to the 19th May 2017.

Alex Wales who is one of the UK AYP teachers, will be joining the teaching team for this event.

More details to follow soon.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  11:53:56 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Nice! Hopefully I can make it. (Unless you put me on the No Fly List, Christi, due to past transgressions. Hopefully, leniency and forgiveness will prevail. )
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  11:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Bodhi,

It would be brilliant of you could make it.

Will keep you updated.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  12:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Sweet! I'll be ready.
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2016 :  10:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi everyone,

Full details of the International Teacher Training Course (TTC) are now available on my website here.

The full TTC curriculum is also online now.

Contact me if you are interested in attending the course, or complete the online application form.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2016 :  3:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Wow. Impressive curriculum. Well done, Christi. I'll be there.
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1527 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2016 :  03:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
  Impressive indeed in one month, it took me much longer, but hey I didn't found the AYP lessons back then.  If I may humble suggest to the becoming trainees, it could be helpful to start studying the books on anatomy, physiology and philosophy, if you didn't already   
Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2016 :  3:19:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

Impressive indeed in one month, it took me much longer, but hey I didn't found the AYP lessons back then.  If I may humble suggest to the becoming trainees, it could be helpful to start studying the books on anatomy, physiology and philosophy, if you didn't already   
Enjoy!

Hi Charliedog,

There will be a recommended reading list going out to the people who are attending the course.

As far as anatomy and physiology go, in keeping with the whole of the AYP teachings, there will not be a great deal of emphasis placed on physical anatomy and much more emphasis placed on understanding the subtle anatomy, (chakras and nadis etc.) and on how this relates to practices.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1527 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2016 :  3:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
  Sorry to interfere Christi, my apologies
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2016 :  5:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
You're all good, Charliedog! It's better to have plenty of knowledge than too little. Interestingly enough, I will be finishing massage school shortly before the France certification, so I'll be stocked up with anatomy and physiology classes, and it will supplement the study of the subtle anatomy, for sure.
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1527 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2016 :  04:00:56 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
  Delighted to hear about your upcoming body, mind and beyond studies Bodhi. Hope you will share some of your study experiences here. Massage is for sure at my 'wish to do' list too. With me starting yoga once, I became a student forever.

And  every moment of it.
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2016 :  4:40:04 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi guys,

A few people have asked me if it will be O.K. to attend the Teacher Training Course simply to deepen their own personal practice and to widen their knowledge of yoga, even though they do not have any plans to teach at the end of the course. It is fine to do this. Many people make use of Yoga TTC's in this way, as they obviously cover a lot more ground than regular retreats.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
lalow33
USA
929 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2016 :  8:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply

Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  2:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi everyone,

Devrim will be joining the teaching team for the Teacher Training Course next Spring. He will be flying over from Thailand for the event. He is a very experienced yoga teacher and has been teaching AYP for 10 years.

Most of the single rooms have now been booked for the course, but there are still three left. So if anyone who is planning to come is hoping to book a single room, I would advise booking sooner rather than later.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  4:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Devrim will be joining the teaching team for the Teacher Training Course next Spring. He will be flying over from Thailand for the event. He is a very experienced yoga teacher and has been teaching AYP for 10 years.

Superb.
Go to Top of Page
scottfitzgerald
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2016 :  5:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Did I miss the cost somewhere?

And is there ever a thought of having one in the States?

Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2016 :  6:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Scott,

The cost of the course is on my website here.

And yes, we are hoping to hold an AYP teacher training course in the States or Canada at some point. A date, or venue for that has not yet been determined though. So if you are feeling adventurous, jump on a plane and come and join the course in France next year. US and Canadian citizens do not need a visa and can stay in the country for up to 90 days.

Christi

Moderator note: The discussion about the USA/Canada TTC has been split to here
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  1:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi all,

In response to Lalow's suggestion here, that it would be good to have some reduced price places on AYP Teacher Training Courses, for people who are living on a low income, I have set up a fund to support this.

If anyone would like to donate towards this they can now do so here:

www.secretsofyoga.org/donate.html

The fund will be used to support people to train on the USA/ Canada TTC as well as in France next year.

All donations very gratefully received.

Christi

Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  11:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi guys,

A couple of people have written asking how we will be managing the issue of energetic overload on the TTC.

On the one week retreats that we have been running, energetic overload is rarely an issue. Basically, people settle in with the practices and with the routine over time. In the few cases where it has come up, we have used the normal procedures of self-pacing and grounding practices. So it has never been an issue that can't be resolved, and we are expecting the same to be the case for the Teacher Training Course.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  06:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi everyone,

Thanks to some very generous donors, there are now a limited number of bursary places available for the Teacher Training Programme in France next year, for people who are unemployed or living on a low income.

The bursary places provide 10% off the full cost of the course.

Contact me if you are interested in taking up a bursary place.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
jusmail
India
454 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2016 :  07:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
First time coming across the word "bursary." Here we are used scholarship, grants or subsidy.
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2016 :  3:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jusmail

First time coming across the word "bursary." Here we are used scholarship, grants or subsidy.

Hi Jusmail,

Could be a British English thing. We have a few old fashioned words.
Go to Top of Page
Dogboy
USA
1546 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2016 :  8:47:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Indubitably.
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  08:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi guys,

All the single rooms for the Teacher Training Course in France next year have been taken now, but there are still some places available in shared rooms for both men and women.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
yogani
USA
5143 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  3:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit yogani's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi All:

Just a reminder that there are openings still available for the first Yoga Alliance registered AYP Teacher Training course, to be held in France April 21 - May 19 of this year.

The AYP teacher training program has been developed by Christi (Tristan) with my involvement every step along the way, and I highly recommend it.

The one month course will be conducted in retreat mode with extended practice sessions, so it is also an opportunity for deep immersion and infusion of abiding inner silence that will stay with participants long after the course is complete, enriching all aspects of daily life.

This is an opportunity to obtain a globally recognized "Registered Yoga Teacher" (RYT) credential that can open many doors for teaching the full-scope (all 8 limbs of yoga) AYP system in yoga studios around the world, or to open your own AYP-certified teaching practice or school.

If you have not looked into it yet, there is still time. Check it out here, or via the teacher training link in the top left border on any page of the AYP forum and website. If questions come up, I'm sure Christi can answer them in the forum here, by forum email, or via his website contact link.

I hope in the months and years ahead we will see many more sharing AYP around the world. If you are feeling the urge to do so, this teacher training course presents a unique opportunity.

Many thanks, and wishing you all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

http://www.secretsofyoga.org/teachertraining.html

Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  07:52:39 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi guys,

Quite a few people have written to me asking of I could send them a copy of the recommended reading list for the Teacher Training Course. I have now put the list on my website here:

200 hour Yoga TTC recommended reading list.

There are still 2 places available on this years course in France, taking place during April and May, so contact me if you are interested.

Christi

Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  11:55:52 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I see that Siddhartha's on there. Niiiice.
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  12:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I see that Siddhartha's on there. Niiiice.

A timeless classic !
Go to Top of Page
lalow33
USA
929 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  12:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Edit: Jack Kornfield, not Cornfield.
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  5:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Edit: Jack Kornfield, not Cornfield.

Hi Lalow,

Fixed. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
maheswari
Lebanon
2333 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  06:13:43 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
it is getting near!!
Good luck all of you
Go to Top of Page
jusmail
India
454 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  1:17:16 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thanks for reminding. Best wishes to all the participants. Hope participants will also be part of the global samyama held during the weekends!
Go to Top of Page
yogani
USA
5143 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2017 :  09:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit yogani's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Wishing all beginning the one month AYP teacher training course in France this week the very best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2017 :  04:31:26 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you, Yogani!

I expect you to manifest out of thin air midway through. A couple weeks of anticipation should be sufficient for us to get primed for your arrival, then you can take us down the home stretch in spectacular fashion!

Moderator note: The discussion on arriving at retreats with expectations has been split off to here.
Go to Top of Page
Dogboy
USA
1546 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2017 :  08:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Bodhi, be careful your Bhakti doesn't cause you to burst into flames...
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2017 :  10:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
It's better to burn out than to fade away.
Go to Top of Page
sunyata
USA
1386 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2017 :  10:40:15 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

It's better to burn out than to fade away.

Be careful what you wish for.

Go to Top of Page
American Baba
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  06:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Appreciative of the sentiments   The journey begins!
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2017 :  04:22:56 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata
Be careful what you wish for.

Indeed! I better be wishing for self-pacing, more than anything. I invoke it everyday.
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1527 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2017 :  11:54:01 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Wishing teachers, participants and all who are involved in the upcoming first AYP Teacher Training Course a wonderful time
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  09:55:37 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
This was a superb training program. I've been studying, practicing, and informally teaching AYP for 7 years now, so this TTC was a major benchmark for me in deepening my devotion to spreading the magic of this open-source system.

Great job by Tristan in leading the full month of practices, academics, karma yoga, and other activities. My fellow students from across the world were a joy to learn and bond with. Our last night was full of stillness and ecstasy as we danced our hearts away in the spirit of bhakti, celebration, and divine love. I would highly recommend this certification course to anyone who has a passion for bringing AYP to the community. It's well worth it.

Now that I have the certification, and more importantly, new connections within the AYP network...

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
Go to Top of Page
sunyata
USA
1386 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  10:05:42 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Wow, Bodhi. I had to wear the real shades not the bootlegged one!

I can't imagine how beautiful a month retreat would be. It's definitely on my list. Congratulations on your certification.
You'll be a great teacher. I'm always impressed by the elegance, enthusiasm and love with which you deliver AYP.

Congratulations to all the AYP teachers.

Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1527 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  10:25:07 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Congratulations to all of you who participated in the AYP TTC. May your light shine brightly all over the globe. 

jusmail
India
454 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  11:46:54 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I too salute all the participants and the teachers for the wonderful program. When time permits, do give us a report of sorts.
Go to Top of Page
Dogboy
USA
1546 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  9:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply

Go to Top of Page
maheswari
Lebanon
2333 Posts

Posted - May 23 2017 :  02:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
So when and where is the next one?
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - May 23 2017 :  10:20:44 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi All,

I got back from France last night. We had a great time on the TTC. It was a full course, with up to 7 hours of yoga a day (asana, pranayama, meditation and lecture classes), and also a lot of fun and with time off to explore the local area.

We had a great group of practitioners and the depth of silence during practices was amazing. We began using three sitting practice sessions a day during the first two weeks of the course, and then went up to four a day for the second two weeks. A lot of transformations and openings took place during the course. It was wonderful to see the power of the practices when used in retreat mode over that period of time, and to see the changes that took place in people over the course of a month.

A big thanks to Devrim, Alex and Blanche who taught with me on the course, and also to the staff and volunteers at Le Moulin de Chaves, who cooked such amazing food and kept everything running smoothly!

We now have 22 more AYP Yoga teachers in the world. Congratulations to everyone who took part! 

quote:
So when and where is the next one?

Hi Maheswari,

Devrim is planning the next AYP Teacher Training Course to be held at his retreat centre on Koh Tao in Thailand during September/ October 2018. It will be another international retreat taught in the English language and run as a 4 week course. Details to follow soon...

After that, I am planning to run another 4 week AYP Teacher Training Course at Suryalila in Andalucia, Southern Spain, during Feb/ March 2019. Again, it will be in the English language. Details will be posted here when they become available and also on the retreats page.

Christi

Go to Top of Page
maheswari
Lebanon
2333 Posts

Posted - May 24 2017 :  02:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
We had a great group of practitioners and the depth of silence during practices was amazing. We began using three sitting practice sessions a day during the first two weeks of the course, and then went up to four a day for the second two weeks.

wow....no overload?
As for me.after 1.5 year of no sitting practices at all,now since few months i am doing few minutes of SBP and silent meditation
i guess no retreats for me before i reach at least 1 sitting of 20 minutes
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - May 24 2017 :  02:56:11 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
wow....no overload?

Hi Maheswari,

We were using the standard AYP self pacing methods during the course. If people found that they were overly sensitive to the mantra during meditation, then they were encouraged to cut back on practice times or to use breathing meditation instead. And the same for Spinal Breathing, where people were encouraged to cut back on timings or to use Alternate Nostril Breathing instead, if they were experiencing high levels of sensitivity to practices.

Most people used Spinal Breathing Pranayama, Deep Meditation and Samyama throughout the whole course.

People who were going through powerful openings and awakening experiences, who found that four sessions a day were too much for them, were encouraged to go out walking instead of doing the second sittings each day if they needed to. This was the case for about 4 or 5 people towards the end of the course. People going through awakenings were given one-to-one support from the teachers. Some people on the course experienced the awakening of kundalini for the first time, whilst others were going through heart openings and even crown openings for the first time. So the teachers were supporting people through the process of awakening, as well as teaching their regular classes related to the teacher training aspect of the course.

Some people went through very powerful experiences, which will take them time to integrate into their normal day-to-day life after the course. This is quite normal after such a long retreat.

Self-pacing went both ways, with some of the more advanced practitioners doing extra sittings each day during their free time. So some people were doing 5 or 6 sittings a day plus the advanced pranayama practices.

quote:
As for me.after 1.5 year of no sitting practices at all,now since few months i am doing few minutes of SBP and silent meditation
i guess no retreats for me before i reach at least 1 sitting of 20 minutes

In general, yes, to do a course like this, it would be good to be stable with your current practice first and to be able to sit for at least 40 minutes, twice a day at home.

Christi

Go to Top of Page
sunyata
USA
1386 Posts

Posted - May 24 2017 :  6:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you, Christi for sharing. It sounds beautiful and good to know there was support for those who needed it.

I have a request- can we have Trevor Hall for one of the dharma talks in the retreat ?

Great job on hosting the first TTC.

Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  02:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Sunyata,

quote:
I have a request- can we have Trevor Hall for one of the dharma talks in the retreat ?

We'll see if he is available.... I am sure he would be up for it!
Go to Top of Page
mathurs
United Kingdom
191 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  07:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
  Back from the month old retreat and still floating....
So here is a review of sorts:

Teachers: What can I say... They all complimented each other. There was profound knowledge there - about the subjects they covered and they were a real inspiration. Christi is the personification of inner silence. Devrim is such an inspiration - on the last day off there were a few brave souls who attempted 54 rounds of sun salutations led by Devrim. From the first surya namaskar performed right till the last one Devrim was the same graceful poetry in motion. Alex was our anatomy guru. His enthusiasm was SO infectious that all of us wanted to become anatomists ( ?) by then end of four weeks. His lecture about the delicate topic of Brahmacharya was superbly tackled. Lastly Blanche - her instructions on talking people through asanas, adjustments were remarkable and very helpful. It was extremely helpful to have a lady teacher - btw.

Venue : Steeped in silence and with a history of Zen monks practicing on the site for over a decade - the peace and energies were palpable. There was a weir onsite with a soothing background noise of running water. The meditation hall was great - with lovely acoustics and perfect for our chanting. The beautiful yurt that made patterns from the leaves sliding down and birdsong in the backdrop was a perfect setting for our afternoon practices. The food served was so good that Devrim had to do a class on fasting . We have all come back with recipe inspirations. Gail, Martin, Sarah, Mathew - our hosts were so hospitable that they had us fighting over - even karma yoga! We also got an additional advantage of Martin giving us a talk about the concept of " no -self" in Buddhism.

The course and curriculum: We practiced upto four times a day - building up sittings slowly. The sessions included AYP asana sequences, pranayama, DM, samyama. We had teaching practice lessons, lectures on all eight limbs of yoga. AYP advanced practices, anatomy, Ayurveda, bhagwad geeta, history of yoga, yoga sutras, hatha yoga pradipeeka, all the shatkarmas and the list continues... All in all I think everything that a yoga teacher needs was covered. The exam was a very AYP style exam - getting us to think about self-pacing and grounding and of course covering all other aspects of yoga and a teaching assessment.

Participants: We had 22 participants covering 13 nationalities. The course was in English but the participants delivered teaching lessons as if they had been speaking in English all their lives. I learnt as much from the participants as from the teachers. I have 21 friends for live now( I hear sigh - no getting rid of me that easy !  )

Sujata
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  10:05:29 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mathurs

( I hear sigh - no getting rid of me that easy !  )

"You're not important. As long as you're out of my way."   

Ahhhh...precious moments.
Go to Top of Page
Will Power
Spain
413 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  1:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Sounds great!!! oh and Suralya is very close to my home. I have not been there, but I have seen an image from the outside and it is very beautiful, with the Buddha eyes :-)
Go to Top of Page
frederic
France
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  12:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit frederic's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hello,

I'm looking for a AYP teacher. I'm based in Issy-les-Moulineaux, just close to Paris, France.

Can anyone help me please ?

Thanks, Fr?d?ric
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  4:00:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Frederic,

There are a couple of people on the AYP contacts page who are based in Northern France.

You could contact Jean-Louis who is based in Paris. His email is here: Contact

There is also Christina who is based in Northern France. Her email is here:Contact

I do not know if either of them are running classes at the moment, so you would need to get in touch and ask.

We try to run a retreat in mainland Europe each year and next year there will be one in North West Spain. Details for that are here. I will be running the retreat in Spain with Amandine who is one of our AYP teachers from the South of France. The retreat will be led in English. We also run retreats in the U.K. several times each year. The retreats are run near Exeter, which has direct flights from Paris. See here for those.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
frederic
France
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  5:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit frederic's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hello Christi,

Thanks for your precised answer !

Unfortunately, I'm not feeling enough advanced to join a retreat with you. I would prefer a weekly one-to-one trainer or so. I've contacted Jean-Louis two weeks ago, but he's not forming a AYP group as it was explained in AYPsite. He prefers other meditation ways. And I think Christina would be too far from home but I will try to contact her. Thanks !

I'm in sync with yogani books. I'm in sync with AYPsite forum. That's why I'm asking a teacher here. :-)

Do the 22 new teachers trained in France this year have all gone away from this beautiful country ?

I would like a presence not too far from home to ground easier.

Thanks !
Edited by - frederic on Oct 19 2017 5:40:29 PM
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3527 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  8:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Frederic,

The teacher training course in France that took place in April/May this year was an international event, with people coming from 13 different countries around the world. Three came from France but they all live in the centre or South of the country.

Just to mention, people do not need to be advanced to join a retreat, unless it is marked specifically as "intermediate to advanced level". Most retreats we run are suitable for anyone, even for complete beginners.

Hopefully someone who runs AYP classes in Paris will post here. Or someone could start one...

Christi